A new antimycotic, Canesten (Bay b 5097) was administered to 60 outpatients suffering from auricular mycosis. The series includes patients having their first treatment and others having undergone previous therapy with other drugs. In all patients, clinical diagnosis was confirmed by microscopic and cultural examination. The therapeutic programme provided for the instillation of 6-7 drops 2 times a day by the intra aural route until disappearance of the symptoms. As for the outcome, positive results were obtained in 100% of patients, excellent in 75% and good in the remaining 25%. The rapidity of action of Canesten in aural mycotic infections is stressed and its perfect tolerance topically is pointed out.
|Translated title of the contribution||Clinical experimentation with a new anti mycotic: Bayo b 5097 (Canesten)|
|Title of host publication||Minerva Otorinolaringologica|
|Number of pages||14|
|Publication status||Published - 1975|
ASJC Scopus subject areas